Saturday 26 October 2013

Beginnings; when is the right time?


How do you know it's the right time to change; how to do you know that this time you will change. I have been down the fitness path once before and I was 3lbs from my goal weight and something made me give it all up and gain 3 stone. I obviously was not ready for the change. Am I ready now? I hope so, I'm hoping I can use all the knowledge that I had from my previous journey to make sure that this time I create habits that become part of my entire life instead of just a nine month phase. 

My fitness level is the lowest it has ever been at this moment in time. I am 5'5 and weigh in at 186lbs; that is 40lbs away from my goal weight of 146lbs. I am going to assess my fitness level tomorrow and take measurements so I can see a non scale progress too. 

I am now a members of weightwatchers and begin my first class on Tuesday at 6:30pm and I am so excited to have a focus again in my life that is dedicated to weightloss.

Why is it the right time for me to start again? My body is telling me; my work clothes are struggling to fit, I struggle climbing stairs, walking seems tiresome and boring, I eat without thinking and don't seem to go longer than an hour without wanting a sugar fix, I'm drinking excessive amounts of coffee, my sleep pattern is horredous, a negative attitude to all aspects of my life has taken over. I haven't cooked a meal in such a long time, my bras are struggling with my weight gain, my chores seem less important. I honestly could sit in my pyjamas, with a scarf and a blanket and a duvet and hide there forever; if I had a constant supply of comfort food. I don't even have the energy to cry. I paint my nails in an attempt to feel better and for the 10 days that I cannot be bothered to remove it, the flaking paint is a constant remind of how little motivation I have.

I know it is the right time to start again because I enjoy feeling good and I want to do things.

I have 40 pounds to lose and I am going to create a list of 40 things I would like to do.

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment